Informing, engaging, convincing, converting…
Words can achieve so much it’s important to get them right.
Every time you communicate with your target market is an opportunity to show them how you can help and why they should work with you or buy from you.
You’ll have noticed that a lot of copywriting and content has a conversational tone these days. It’s about sharing your expertise, showing how great you are at what you do and speaking to your target market in their language.
Readers don’t want to wade through jargon or be blinded by science. They simply want to know how you can help them.
There’s plenty of evidence from the fields of behavioural economics and psychology that a conversational tone works.
Copy that’s easy to understand aids cognitive ease and processing fluency – making your readers more likely to believe and trust you.
And more likely to buy from you too.
Conversational copy is what I do
I’ve been a self-employed copywriter for over 8 years and during that time I’ve written for industries ranging from cybersecurity to fintech to HR to lettings to lighting to health and safety to motor drives to graphic design to interior design to…
I’ve helped more than 100 clients communicate their message in the right way (both online and in print) and build their businesses.
These are some of the companies I’ve been lucky enough to work with:
And here are a few examples of my work.
What can I help you with?
- Landing pages
- Articles & blogs
- Award entries
- White papers/eBooks
- Case studies
- TV adverts
- Tone of voice (TOV) guidelines
Do you do training?
Yes, I do. I run training and workshops on:
- Applying behavioural insights to copywriting
Sally shines out for her creativity and courage to challenge the status quo with fresh and inspired thinking. She cares passionately about quality writing and clear messaging.
Ash Rishi, COUCH Digital Marketing
What do you charge for copywriting?
I usually charge a ‘per project’ rate and every quote is tailored as every job is different. Or I can charge by the day if you prefer (£485/day, reduced rates for ongoing work).
How does it work?
- Once we’ve agreed to work together, I’ll ask you some questions to really get under the skin of your company. Then I’ll go off and do more research into your business, industry and competitors and come back to you with the first draft.
- We’ll discuss the copy and I’ll make any changes we agree. Copywriting is front-loaded for me – I do all of my research at the start of a project so at this point most of the work is usually done and some clients don’t want any changes at all. But I’m very happy to make up to two rounds of edits.
- When you’re 100% happy with the work we sign it off with big smiles… until the next time!
Sally not only writes well, but bearing in mind I have never met Sally, she got to know me and understood the tone and the theme of my website straight away. She is meticulous and follows through from start to finish.
Sabina Hinchcliffe, PA Business Support
Here are lots of other nice things people have to say about working with me.
If you’d like a quote or have any questions about working together, please get in touch below.