Behavioural economics has become a hot topic in the last few years.
From nudges to encourage us to save, to default options that mean we have to opt-out rather than opt-in to pensions, and even HMRC using behavioural insights to try and get people to pay their taxes on time – it’s everywhere.
Including in the marketing you see every single day.
Scarcity, time-limited offers, guarantees, limited choices, calls to action, social proof, pricing structures, reviews, reciprocity…
All of these techniques and lots more – even things like using simple language – harness an understanding of how our brains work and how we make decisions.
As a copywriter or marketer, it’s useful to understand a bit about reader psychology and decision-making (it’s also absolutely fascinating!).
Applying Behavioural Insights to Copywriting Training
This one-day course will get inside readers’ heads and look at what makes them tick, and how heuristics and cognitive biases affect their decision-making.
It’ll also go beyond the theory and experiments and show you how you can apply the learnings to your copywriting to make it more persuasive, more engaging and more effective.
By the end of the day you’ll:
- Understand what heuristics are and why we use them
- Have learnt about several relevant cognitive biases that affect our decision-making and buying decisions (we’re not as logical as you may think)
- Know the science and the sometimes weird and wonderful experiments behind it all
- Have been inspired by some brilliant examples of brands applying this stuff really effectively
- Know how to apply what you’ve learnt to your own copywriting and marketing through practical exercises and tailored advice
Who’s the training for?
Copywriters, content writers and marketers who are interested in learning more about how their readers’ – and their own – brains work and applying that knowledge to improve their copywriting.
“Glorious” “Mind-blowing” “Brilliant session” “Really cool ideas” “So interesting” “Insightful” “Fantastic” – lovely comments about my session at the Copywriting Conference, October 2019
Friday 7 February 2020
6th floor of citizenM Tower of London hotel (above Tower Hill tube station – with possibly the best views of London you’ll ever see!)
8:30–9:00a.m. Arrive, meet everyone, grab a coffee
9:00a.m. Start the day
1:00–2:00p.m. Lunch break
5:00p.m. Join us in the bar for a drink
Book your seat
To book your place
The small print:
- No booking fees or other charges
- 100% payment is required to secure your spot
- Places are limited (10 max.) so unfortunately there aren’t any refunds
- Price includes as much tea, coffee & water as you can drink, mid-morning & afternoon snacks and a lovely lunch
- Nearest tube station: Tower Hill (Circle & District lines)
- Nearest train stations: Tower Gateway & London Fenchurch Street
- Training room: 6th-floor citizenM Tower of London Hotel (the hotel is above the tube station)
ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE TRAINING?
Please feel free to get in touch:
Email Sally@wordnerd.co.uk or call me on 01332 320794.