I’m Sally Mayor and I set up WordNerd in 2011 to provide copywriting for small local businesses.
In the last eight and a bit years I’ve worked with companies of all shapes and sizes (from a one-year-old social enterprise to a tech company with more than 60 million users, a household name with a £10 billion turnover – and everything in between).
These days my clients aren’t so local either. They span four continents (I haven’t conquered Australasia yet!) with most of them throughout the UK and a few in the US.
Whoever I’m writing for, it’s my job to create clear messaging to help my clients engage with their target markets and grow their businesses.
Highlights and honours
I’m most proud of the amazing feedback I get and having lots of happy clients.
Here are some of my other greatest achievements:
- Presenting a workshop on applying behavioural insights to copywriting at the Copywriting Conference in London in October 2019
- busuu blog I wrote voted 9th in the Top 25 Language Learning Blogs in the world in 2014
- Shortlisted for a Fastest 40 Award by East Midlands Business Link in 2015
- Selected to be a speaker at WordCamp Nederland in Utrecht in 2016 where I gave a talk called How WordPress Saved my Life!
- Every award entry I’ve written (10 at the last count) has either won or been shortlisted
- Wrote the website and marketing materials for the UK’s first National Clean Air Day in 2017, which won Air Quality News Communications Initiative of the Year Award
Before working for myself, I studied for an MA in Economics and an MSc in Development Economics, which may explain my interest in behavioural economics. I’ve also worked in financial services, overseas development and the charity sector.
Being a copywriter is the best thing I’ve ever done and combines my skills, interests and experience.
Outside of work, I love walking, writing poetry and reading, and I run a local book club. I live in south Derbyshire with my partner and a very small dog called Bob.
If you’d like to talk to me about working together please get in touch.